Friday 16 October 2009

Beatles to Bowie - the 60's exposed @ the National Portrait Gallery

 

Last night I went to see this brilliant exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
"This major exhibition explores the leading pop music personalities who helped create 'Swinging London' in the 1960s. Over 150 photographs, together with a range of memorabilia, illustrate how the photographic image, music and performance made these popstars the leading icons of their time."

As if this 60's music memorabilia feast wasn't enough, I also attended a talk 
by Dr Becky E Conekin on 60's Cover Girls: When Pop Met Fashion. 

Twiggy: A life in photographs is running until 21st March 2010

There are events running alongside the exhibition over the next few months. 
Talks include 'the 60's exposed' and 'Beatles London' and I am intrigued by the photography workshop - if there is a chance I could take photos like David Bailey then I am there!




No comments:

Post a Comment